Vickery Wholesale Greenhouse (www.vickerygreenhouse.com) began in 1926 as Vickery Florist in Vickery, Texas, the area surrounding the intersection of Greenville and Park Lane in Dallas. The business grew, and in the 1940’s, the retail florist moved to it’s current location on East Grand Avenue. In 1952, they shifted their focus to the wholesale trade and established Vickery Wholesale Greenhouse, creating a plant mecca for interiorscapers, florists, malls and hotels that was never available before.
In 1978, Pat Berry joined Vickery after responding to an ad in the paper. He bought out the business in 1987, and since then has improved on a long-time tradition. Every day, trucks from California, Florida and other points around the country deliver the largest variety of ultra-fresh, high-quality plants to Vickery’s state-of-the-art greenhouse, still housed on East Grand.
The business expanded beyond the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding areas to Austin, where they continue to provide high quality plants for commercial services. Owner Pat Berry had been interested in solar power since the 1970’s, but never saw it as providing a return on his investment due to the high costs at the time. But it wasn’t until NATiVE approached him last year did Pat realize just how economically viable solar had become.